Ok this is seriously good!
I was craving Mexican food the other night but I successfully talked ourselves out of going to our local Mexican joint (a WW success!).
Inspired by my favorite pot-luck “Taco Dip”, I created this awesome taco salad, which you can eat with chips, tortillas or on it’s own.
Makes two “taco dip” salads
- 15 oz can of refried beans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- taco sauce of your choosing
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- bell pepper, diced
- jalapeno, diced
- several green onion sprigs, thinly sliced
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
On plates, spread the refried beans and sprinkle them with cumin and chili powder. Next spread the yogurt and then drizzle your favorite taco dip on top. Then layer on the cheese and the vegetables. Eat by itself or with chips or tortillas.