April showers have been hitting the Midwest this week and there is nothing better than a yummy bowl of soup when it is cool and raining outside. This savory soup is easy, fast and delicious. Serve with a Cesar salad for a delightful meal!
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 3 Italian sausage links, thinly sliced
- splash of olive oil
- 2 large yellow potatoes, sliced thinly
- 7 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 8 oz half and half (if you want to be healthier, you can use light coconut milk instead)
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped
In a large pot, saute the onion, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and sausage in a slash of olive oil. Once the onions are translucent and the sausage appears cooked, begin breaking the sausages slices into smaller, bite sized pieces. Add the sliced potatoes and the vegetable or chicken stock and simmer until the potatoes become soft (approximately 20 minutes). Once potatoes have cooked, add the half and half and the kale. Top with shredded Parmesan cheese or red hot pepper flakes!